So I turned a year older, and for the first time in my life I didn’t have party or some fancy dinner with friends and family. I’m not unhappy about any of that but I’m rather pleased at the fact that I have the opportunity to attach myself to a new number for 365 days.
Like most special events, turning a year older is one of those things that makes you look back at your life and wonder if you made the right decisions so far or you’re on a straight path to doom (ok maybe that’s dramatic…but yeah you get it! lol). Last year was awesome, I mean it was my JORDAN year!! It started off well but along the line, some unexpected events brought many dark days but I must confess God has been an ever present anchor in my life and 23 ended on a bright note. There are so many things I wish I’d done differently but why cry over spilled milk? I have 365 new days to do 365 new things in 12 parts.
Life is all about choices, so here’s what I choose to do this year
- February …LOVE More
- March… Save more money
- April… Take
one daysome hours off social media per week (lol)
- May… Learn a new skill (makeup maybe ;))
- June… Practice generosity
- July… Travel to a country I’ve never been to (Value experiences over things)
- August…Read more christian books
- September… Volunteer at an orphanage or refugee camp
- October… Rent my own house
- November… Spend more time at the gym
- December… Call my family and friends more often (no texts!)
- January… Journal all my thoughts
Finally, our choices are our DECISIONS…everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make different choices .
Happy new year to ME
Picture credit: The dear diary